Tuesday is election day. Polls are open from 7 to 7.
Please consider voting No on Proposition 6. Here’s our webpage dedicated to this issue: http://www.indytexans.com/vote-no-on-prop-6/
Here’s the League of Women Voters Guide on all of the amendments on the ballot: http://www.lwvtexas.org/Voters Guide/2013CAVG/2013CAVG_English.pdf
This Monday in Bastrop!
* There is an important meeting of the Lost Pines Groundwater Conservation District THIS Monday, November 4th, at 6 pm at Bastrop City Hall, 1311 Chestnut (across from the Convention Center). It was pointed out that the district could vote on changes to the permit application for Forestar Real Estate Group, so please come on out!
This Tuesday in Austin – Election Night Party!
* We will have an election night party starting at 6:30 at Opal Divines, 3601 S. Congress (map here). Come on out if you can make it to watch the election results together.
Thank you all for continuing to spread the word. We have been experiencing unprecedented growth of our network, I’m sure, thanks to you.
I am very proud of each and every one of you! Let’s keep it going, y’all.
Nix Prop 6!
Save Your Water, Save Your Wallets
& Save Texas from Cronyism at its worst!
- Prop 6 diverts $2B from the Rainy Day Fund for water projects that will be decided by Perry’s handpicked cronies on the newly reorganized Texas Water Development Board.
- Prop 6 proponents haven’t answered – in plain English — why they need more money since they haven’t touched the $6B for the “revolving water bank” bonds they got in 2011!
- Prop 6 is a dangerous corporate welfare subsidy for well-heeled land and water speculators and the oil & gas lobby looking to make a fast buck in the midst of our historic drought.
- Prop 6 is dividing rural and urban Texans when we are natural allies. None of us want wasteful reservoirs, our aquifers drained nor to pay through the nose for water heists.
- Prop 6 will fuel the fires of population growth – spurred by the Governor and the growth lobby — that cannot be sustained because Texas is running out of water.
- Prop 6 ignores that water availability is a core function of government, requiring strict oversight. These water robber barons will not operate in the light of day.
- Prop 6 big money backers at Water Texas PAC (set up by Texas House Speaker Joe Straus) and H204Texas PAC have a vested interest in getting this slush fund directed to new public-private partnerships when the money kicks in after March 2015! All but 12 legislators have therefore literally left small towns running out of water high and dry.
- Contrary to claims by the proponents, Prop 6 has no real guarantees for conservation projects when we all agree that conservation should have been prioritized. It just doesn’t.
Don’t let Perry’s political donors get their hands on our water!
Shame on the Democrats for going along with this corruption!
Vote NO on Prop 6!
Election Day is Tuesday, November 5, Polls open 7 to 7
Learn more and share it with all your Texas voting friends:
or Nix Prop 6 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notoprop6
Paid for by Independent Texans PAC, Marie Day, Treasurer
PO Box 651, Bastrop, TX 78602 * 512-535-0989 * www.IndyTexans.org